Jap Eye marks 20 years of the Hritik Roshan-starrer by presenting 20 enjoyable info linked to the Bollywood blockbuster
up a difficult function in Koi Mil Gaya and got here out with flying colors
ONCE in a era film Koi Mil Gaya took everybody unexpectedly when it was launched on August 8, 2003.
From the distinctive subject material to the main man’s outstanding transformation, particular results and introducing an extra-terrestrial into Bollywood, the sci-fi spectacular grew to become a landmark film and received a number of awards.
It had a stand-out efficiency from Hrithik Roshan, which received a number of awards. The Rakesh Roshan directed musical about an alien befriending a mentally challenged younger man, additionally spawned two superhero impressed sequels and a cartoon spin-off.
Jap Eye determined to mark 20 years of an excellent movie by presenting 20 enjoyable info linked to it.
- Rakesh Roshan was motivated to make an out of the field movie after attending the premiere of Lagaan (2001). The concept of an extra-terrestrial film got here to him after seeing his five-year-old granddaughter watching a sequence about it on a cartoon community later that very same yr.
- Anil Kapoor and Jackie Shroff each rejected the daddy’s function. Rishi Kapoor was approached to tackle the character, however he declined and prompt that Rakesh Roshan ought to play it himself, which he did.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was the primary option to play the main girl. Her unavailability led the director to forged Preity Zinta. Rakesh Roshan had been impressed by her supporting function in Dil Se and felt she could be excellent for the function. Zinta described it as one among her profession’s hardest and most fulfilling roles.
- Like all his earlier directorial efforts, Rakesh Roshan began the movie title with the letter ‘Ok’. However earlier than selecting Koi Mil Gaya, he had thought-about calling the sci-fi journey Koi Aap Jaisa, Koi Tumsa Nahin and Kaisa Jaadu Kiya.
- Numerous totally different spectacles had been tried for the mentally challenged character performed by Hrithik Roshan. They ultimately used the identical pair his tremendous suave character Raj wore in Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai.
- The actor misplaced plenty of weight to play the grownup with the thoughts of an 11-year-old, however it wasn’t sufficient. To create the phantasm of additional weight reduction, he wore dishevelled garments and had a coiffure that made his face look thinner.
- Legend has it that Hrithik took inspiration for his Rohit look, when he’s mentally challenged, from legendary spoof singer Bizarre Al Yankovic.
- Jadoo was performed by late actor Indravadan Purohit dressed within the costume, with animatronic headgear. He couldn’t see something and needed to depend on directions to maneuver round. Purohit additionally discovered it exhausting to breathe within the costume.
- Precept images for the path-breaking film commenced on November 12, 2001 and eventually concluded in March 2003. The formidable challenge went over funds, largely as a result of particular results and designing the alien.
- What most audiences didn’t discover was the alien Jadoo being given an additional thumb, similar to Hrithik’s character has within the movie. Hrithik revealed it was there for the 2 characters to really feel familiarity however saved delicate as a result of it didn’t prove how they wished after the alien was designed.
- Two endings had been initially shot for the movie, with one seeing Rohit lose all his powers after the alien leaves the Earth. After listening to the opinions of main filmmaker mates, Rakesh Roshan opted for a happier ending the place Rohit retains his powers. This is able to subsequently arrange a success superhero sequel.
- A key plot level of Okoi Mil Gaya sees the lead protagonist’s father dying in a automotive crash and his mom getting injured. The identical factor occurred to Preity Zinta when she was 13 years outdated, together with her father dying and mom surviving a automotive crash.
- Hrithik received each the Finest Actor Critic’s and Finest Actor on the Filmfare Awards for Koi Mil Gaya.
- It was extensively believed that Koi Mil Gaya was the primary Bollywood movie to cope with aliens, however that wasn’t the case. Forgotten 1967 sci-fi drama Wahan Ke Log had an alien theme. (By the way, the lead protagonist of that sixties traditional was named Rakesh, which is similar because the Koi Mil Gaya director).
- Preity Zinta’s love curiosity within the movie was named Rohit (Hrithik). Later in 2003, she had a love curiosity named Rohit in Kal Ho Naa Ho performed by Saif Ali Khan. Koi Mil Gaya and Kal Ho Naa Ho had been the 2 highest grossing movies of that yr. (By the way, Hrithik had performed a personality named Rohit in his debut film Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai)
- A German dubbed model of the film was launched with the title of Sternenkind(Star Little one) in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland duringChristmas of 2005.
- Indonesian cleaning soap opera Si Yoyo was based mostly on Koi Mil Gaya and ran from 2003–2007. Telugu movie Orey Pandu(2005) was additionally impressed by the sci-fi traditional. In 2004, Nickelodeon India produced a spin-off TV sequence based mostly on alien character Jadoo titled J Bole Toh Jadoo.
- Rakesh Roshan was impressed to make a sequel to Okoi Mil Gaya after watching the The Lord Of The Rings trilogy.
- A e-book titled The Making Of Koi Mil Gaya: You might be Not Alone, Behind the Scenes by James Colmer was revealed in 2003.
- A number of high-profile folks informed Rakesh Roshan his son Hrithik enjoying somebody mentally challenged in Koi Mil Gaya would finish his profession. How incorrect they had been. The film grew to become an enormous hit, spawned two sequels and one other one is on the best way. It stays a traditional and remains to be celebrated at the moment.